Our comprehensive treatment approach includes addressing the physical, emotional, and psychological components of each patient. Our team evaluates each patient focusing on movement patterns, strength, flexibility, functional ability, balance, and tone. Therapists work closely as a team with physicians, specialists and family members to adapt each treatment as a patient progresses toward reaching each goal.
Neurological physical therapy is for adults and children with a range of neurological disorders, such as:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Stroke (CVA)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- ALS/Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
Therapy is hard work, and all of our therapists have a unique understanding of what each patient has gone through just to get to this point. It is our desire maximize each session so that all the hard work and effort pays off. We focus on retraining the body and brain to compensate for damage caused by any neurological condition to help our patients become as safe and independent as possible.
We are excited about the results we are getting with all of our neurological patients. We know how to help!
At Game Shape Physical Therapy our therapists use a variety of modalities and therapy techniques, including:
- Manual neuromuscular re-education techniques
- Therapeutic exercise and balance activities
- Gait training with use of assistive equipment/devices
- Education on use of splints and braces
- Neurological re-education of movement and activity patterns
- Compensatory techniques and strategies
- Wheelchair services and seating assessments
- Self-care training and home programs
- Adaptive recreation and sports activities